Friday 13 May 2016

Very short notice- 3 year Cancerversary celebrations!

Very short notice but as part of my 3 year Cancerversary celebrations and to celebrate my last scan showing no disease and further improvement of scar tissue on MR spectroscopy I will be doing an abseil down the iconic Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth in aid of Brain Tumour Research. I am incredibly passionate about the work they do and 100% of the money received by the charity goes directly into vital research. I have over 1,000 friends on Facebook, if everybody gives just £1 Brain Tumour Research will receive £1,000. I also nearly have 50,000 viewers of this blog which blows my mind but also thinks I can make a real difference to getting this promising research out there so it can eventually replace the standard treatment for brain cancer in time. This is what I firmly believe.

I guarantee that no money will be wasted and it is for a worthwhile cause. In addition I will be organising my own events to raise funds and celebrate my 3 year Cancerversary over the next few weeks in various locations.

It has been 3 years since my diagnosis. They couldn't remove the whole tumour but I have recently achieved my most promising scan yet showing no disease on MR Spectroscopy.


It is also worth noting that many other cancers become terminal once they spread to the brain so this work is of great importance to how we treat all cancers to improve prognosis and in future find a cure. We need money to fund clinical trials for these non toxic approaches that show so much promise so that patients don't have to use themselves as human guinea pigs without knowing what they are doing.

Please give what you can, I'll try not to kill myself leaping off the edge of the Spinnaker Tower. ;)

The iconic Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth



https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Andrew-Scarborough2

3 comments:

  1. Andrew,

    About 3 months ago I was diagnosed with a grade 2 Astrocytoma. It was a complete resection confirmed by MRI/neurosurgeon. Currently I'm in the watch/wait group.

    After my diagnosis i started researching and undertook the keto diet and numerous supplements(curcumin, boswellia, vit d, melatonin, amongst others). I chose to fight instead of watch and wait.

    I found your blog a few months ago and found hope that whatever you're doing seems to be working. However, I have some questions I would like answered if possible. Mainly out of curiousity and to just see how I could tweek my plans.

    I know you check this regularly but didn't know if this would be a best place to reach to you. I also know that everyone is different and so I would like to jusr bounce some ideas off you.

    I look forward to your reply,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Aaron,

      I would be interested in knowing where are you in your journey since I am in the same situation as yours :) thanks

      Delete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete