Wednesday 8 July 2015

Today has been a fun day with food

Lots of cooking and experimenting today! 

My wax worms came today. I'll enjoy eating them tomorrow with breakfast and breeding some in the near future. They're high in fat and great for ketogenic diets (yes, they were alive in this picture):


Analysing insect nutrition is always very interesting. This is from Daniella Martin's brilliant book 'Edible'. 




I also got some fantastic quality lamb hearts for only 73p each. Very fatty and delicious. 



For lunch today I had sweetbreads. After preparing and cooking them so many times I think I've finally perfected it.: 






For those not in the know, this is what sweetbreads are: 



This food always brings my ketones up fast and stabilises blood glucose very effectively. I made a video as to why I think this might be. Here is the link: http://youtu.be/3SUFLrgrmAA


Tomorrow morning I will eat the wax worms and take pictures (might even film it). 

No comments:

Post a Comment