Tuesday 2 August 2022

Every birthday is a privilege

In a month’s time it will be my birthday. Following an incurable cancer diagnosis every birthday is a real privelege. 


Many are not as fortunate as I am.


I’m determined to improve outcomes. The best gift for me to make progress would be to receive more donations for the cancer metabolism study. 


Click here to contribute


Since everybody has their own story, good and bad, I would like to accompany a picture or personal message of your choice with each donation. These will be featured on a dedicated page on the website. It is important because this study isn’t about me, it’s about everyone who has been affected by the disease. You can send me a message with what you would like to include after we have received your donation.


PS. If you have already made a donation and would like to display a message or photo that means something to you, please let me know. Thank you.


Here is mine, coming up to my 10 year Cancerversary:




1 comment:

  1. Hello Andrew!
    First of all congratulations for sharing !
    Last June, I was diagnosed with brain tumour (glioblastoma stage 4, not operable, very poor prognosis: less than 10% of patients survive 2 years after diagnosis).
    I got the address of your blog/twitter from Damien (Ketosource).
    I am new to blogs and twitter accounts, and I have not been able to regularly write a diary.
    Thank you for sharing your experience and hopes
    At this stage, I could say "everyday is a privilege"
    All the best
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete